So if you haven’t gathered yet…today is my Birthday! 🙂 So that means people are supposed to do what I want!! LOL
So here is a list….. in no particular order. Please do one, some or all of the following and report back 🙂 Most are inexpensive and some are completely FREE so take a look. ((Oh this can carry over for the next few days…I don’t expect EVERYTHING to be done today!))
- Indulge a little… have cake or iceceam or banana pudding or chocolate! It’s ok cause I said so!
- Tape exact change to a vending machine… so someone else can have a little treat.
- Going for coffee or tea? Yeah! Now pay for the person behind you 🙂
- Go to the grocery store (I know I hate it too but I’m not making you go shopping…) and find a little old man or woman (there is ALWAYS at least one) and help them load their groceries in their vehicle.
- Sing a song…any song…sing it out loud…proudly! (No matter what you sound like!) 🙂
- Wherever you are…pick up some trash and put it in the proper receptacle… lets all beautify our surroundings a little tiny bit.
- Smile at a stranger and say Hello! (it will not hurt!)
- Feed a parking meter 🙂
- Go to a bookstore…browse and hey if you can buy a book!
- Have something pumpkin flavored…pumpkin muffin, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin spice latte… YUM! Tis the season 🙂
- If you are dining out and are receiving good service…ask for a manager and take time to compliment rather than complain!
- Call someone you love and tell them so!
- Go to a park or museum.
- Create something…write, draw, paint, knit, cook…whatever makes you happy.
- Dance 🙂
- Leave pennies on the ground facing headsup of course!
- Bring flowers to a nursing home.
- Let someone go in line in front of you 🙂
- Donate supplies or your time at an animal shelter.
- Leave a letter for your Mail Man/Woman 🙂
- Hand out balloons to strangers…especially children 🙂
- Bring cookies, brownies, pie, etc to a neighbor…whether you know them already or not!
- Donate old clothes you no longer wear.
- Read to someone!
- Clean out your pantry…anything still good that you do not want or forsee using in the near future? Donate it to a homeless shelter/soup kitchen.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Donate blood!
- Help someone with yard work or housework.
- Watch your favorite movie.
- Take 30 minutes for yourself….you have permission!
- Donate used books to a library.
- Going through a toll? Pay for the car behind you!
- Stop by your local firestation and thank them….bring treats.
- See an icecream truck in your neighborhood? Go buy a kid an icecream.
- Write and hide little love notes for your significant other. 🙂
- Go to a play or concert.
- LISTEN, really listen when someone is talking to you….whether it is a loved one or stranger or even the cashier checking you out. 🙂
🙂 Thank you in advance for helping me celebrate my Birthday!
26 responses to “38 things you need to do…for me on my 38th Birthday :)”
Such wonderful advice!! Happy Birthday Melanie! Much Love!
I have failed you:( Maybe I can do everything tomorrow.
Take as long as you need! 🙂
This is awesome, Melanie.
I just made pumpkin pancakes the other day. #10…check!
#16….We just recently stopped making pennies in Canada (believe it or not) so I guess I’ll have to leave nickels.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you take # 31 and stretch it…..a lot! 😀
Awesome! YUMMO pumkin pancakes sound great for Halloween breakfast!
What a lovely list! I’ve already done half a dozen of these today. 🙂 I hope you have a wonderful birthday, Melanie!
Thank you! I’m glad you normally do some of these things 🙂 I do too but some people need a nudge!
I gladly accept the challenge to try and complete everything on your birthday list Melanie. Love the Lao Tzu quote, the world needs more kindness. I hope there are millions of people ready and willing to ditch greed and embrace kindness. Happy Birthday. Love Jenna 🙂
Thank you so much Jenna!
Phew, I’m tired already. 🙂
Don’t try to take it on all at once…you can take all the time you need 🙂
Just reading what I could do got me puffing. 🙂
Such wonderful advice… 🙂
Many Happy Returns of the Day, Melanie. 🙂
Happy birthday! I wish you all the best and hope you have a wonderfull time 😀
Thank you 🙂
Hope you had a lovely birthday. What a lovely birthday list! You’ve given me the idea of compiling a Christmas list and sending copies to the family. 😀
Thank you and great idea!!! Do it 🙂
Happy Birthday! Albeit, a bit late!
Happy Birthday I am late I realize, where are my days going? I can assure you I am eating plenty of sweets on you behalf lol I hope you had a fabulous day!
I have no idea where your days go…maybe they run off with mine!?! 🙂 Thank you dear!
Happy Birthday! A wonderful list. So simple and special. Number two is a definite goer. And as many of the others as I can manage. :)x
Thank you 🙂 and there is no time limit on the list…just get around to doing the ones you can and spread a little happy 🙂
Well, I’ll certainly try. :)x