I implore you all to read this. It is sad, ridiculous, sickening and infuriating that this is the reality we live in. In America! In 2015!
Attn: MEN reading this… Yes, there are good guys out there…if you are one of them, please take this to heart. No real change can take place without your help.
* According to the U.S. Surgeon General, domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women in the United States.
* The American Medical Association estimates that their American male partners assault 2 million American women each year.
* The U.S. Department of Justice estimates that 95% of the victims of domestic violence are women.
* A WOMAN IS BEATEN EVERY 15 SECONDS IN THE UNITED STATES (Bureau of Justice Statistics, Report to the nation on Crime and Justice. The Data. Washing DC Offic of Justice Program, US Dept. of Justice, Oct 1983)
* 35% of all emergency room calls are a result of domestic violence.
* Of those who abuse their partner, well over 65% also physically and/or sexually abuse the children.
* Each day…4 women die as a result of abuse.
* Each day…3 children die as a result of abuse.
View original post 289 more words
8 responses to “This is what our culture thinks of women…our culture ALLOWS this to happen…it’s built into the system.”
Unbelievable.. Then they say, “He’s a nice guy when he’s not drinking…”
The picture demonstrates the epidemic of violence and pain inflicted upon all of us whether our scars and sutures are visible to the outside world or not. It is US!
Silence is no longer an option, neither is our withdrawal in shame which we are made to feel. Peaceful solidarity in “love’ is my choice in standing up!
It is an epidemic for sure and the stats are just what we know of…so much is hidden. Makes me sick to think about it.
My hope that more and more people will stand up till this is no longer tolerated…anywhere.
I have noticed an increase over the last three years in attacks on women, of various kinds. It is as if the hard won battles for women’s equality are being obliterated by an increasing negation of women in various cultures. It’s a worrying trend. http://lettersfromnomansland.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-scales-of-gender-equality-are-once.html
Women who came before me made great sacrifices and did indeed make a great difference AND there has never truly been equality…not yet. Sadly, as you say, it does seem we are going backwards. Will follow your link, thank you.
I went to you page, read your post and commented…bit it is not showing up for some reason. Just wanted to let you know.
i don’t like what see, i like what read – more moral courage is a matter of course!